Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Lost in Bangkok 2016 - Part 1

This is a VERY LATE post of my Bangkok trip in June 2016. Yes I'm back in Bangkok babyyyy


Bangkok is one of my favorite destination. First, it is quite affordable there. In some areas, it is cheaper than Jakarta. Transportation is cheap and easy, locals are very tourist friendly, hotel price is cheap and I loveee the food.

Long story short, let's begin the food parade...

First stop in Bangkok, Terminal 21


 This pork satay (10 THB) is located on the basement near the main lobby. TO DIE FOR! Thai's pork satay is tender, flavorful and not the tiniest foul pork smell ever occured. Love love love

Oyster omellete, my favorite food court item in Bangkok. The best I've tried so far is the one at Platinum Fashion Mall food court. The watermelon juice (30 THB) is like drinking sugar water, SUPER SWEET yet no sugar was added, yummmm

This time, I stayed at Movenpick Hotel on Sukhumvit Soi 15. It was a very pleasant stay! I love the hotel. The room is spacious, modern yet homey. Location is great, along the super busy Sukhumvit Road and there's a shuttle to Terminal 21 (5 minutes walk). BTS Station is located at Terminal 21 so it's around 3-5 minutes on foot. The breakfast spread is quite good. Pastry station needs some improvement but Egg Station and Cheese/Salad Station was yummmm


Next stop is The Common. The Common is an open air/mini mal consisting of many many restaurants and bars. A very hip and cool place in Bangkok. Went there quite late and were very hungry. I took the BTS and get of at Thonglor Station. IMO, it was still a loooonggg walk. Tips: Stick to taxi not BTS. Just in front of Thonglor Soi 17 where The Common resides, there's a noodle stall. It was very tempting so I decided to give it a try, the right decision.

Noodle (50 THB) was warm and flavorful. Fragrant soup, umami bursting on every sip. Thin noodles with explosive soup, perfect.

I finally reached The Common and very confused, too many options. Decided to try Pepina, an italian restaurat recommended by many food blogger. Well, pasta and pizza never fails right?

The pizza dough was different than any other dough I've tasted before. It was rather chewy. Strangely, it goes well and tasted gooddd. Love the pancetta and the mozzarela and some other cheese which name I forgot. 


The baked rigatoni was divine! Creamy silky gooey cheesy.... YUMMYLICIOUS!!!

SabX2 Wonton Noodle

A very famous noodle joint in Pratunam Area. U could easily search google maps and find its location. From Fashion Mall Platinum, go across the road (Petchaburi Soi 19) It's the small alley next to Shibuya Shopping Mall. Just ask around where Soi 19 is, walk for around 100 M, the restaurant is the one on your right. I found it strange since the place is full of tourist that the waiter can't communicate in English. Using hand gestures, I managed to order a bowl of noodle. The noodle is good, but nothing really special IMO. It's a hongkong style noodle, thin long yellowish noodle with many toppings (pork included) I just don't get the hype but well it is good and worth trying.

So that's all people, will tell you more on my next post... Hint: BEST authentic thai dish I've ever tried

1 comment: