Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Babi Guling Dobiel

A short post from my recent Bali trip, Babi Guling Pak Dobiel.

One one afternoon, in desperate need of a quick lunch, our driver took us to Pak Dobiel. Only 5 minutes from Nusa Dua area where I stayed, this is his recommendation. Heard in from Veny before, I immediately agreed to eat there.

The place is a small house/warung in small alleys near Nusa Dua. The place was empty, some of the locals just bought it. A bit dusty actually but seeing the place, makes me believe that it's where the locals eat, it must be good :)

A portion of Babi Guling consists of a plate of rice, not too much of it. Crispy pork skin, grilled pork meat, some sort of spicy veggies, a spicy sambal like sauce and some dried chili. I gotta say, not that appetizing. First, I tried the veggies. Soggy but spicy like all balinese food. The pork skin is good, meat is tender but still has texture. Combine altogether, YUMMY!!!


The soggy veggy and sambal makes the rice has that yummy gooey consistency. The meat is somehow fragrant, not in the slightest I taste that pork taste. Overall, a great dish. Would be back for more!

Rating: 7.5/10
Location: Nusa Dua, Bali

No comments:

Post a Comment